Tuesday, December 16, 2008

12172008

I remember one conversation i had with my mom few months back wherein I was so tired of studying that I just wanted to graduate ASAP and start working. I remember telling my mom that they had it easy cause all they have to do is work and by the time they got home they can kick back and relax for the rest of their time... Unlike when you're a student, you spend the whole day in school then after that YOU have to GO HOME and STUDY. I can't believe that I was so naive during that time. WORKING is hard. Being a grown up is HARDER. Seriously.
Being in the working field gave me a lot of new experiences and changed my perspective in life. I used to think that as long as you treat other people nicely, they will treat you nicely too. If you show them that you really like them, you can expect that the feeling will be reciprocated. But guess what. My BUBBLE bursted. My eyes were opened to the reality that not everyone you meet will like you, and not everyone will go out of their way to get along with you. Its a battleground. Consider yourself lucky enough if you are able to meet one true friend in the workfield. Be happy if you meet someone nice enough to be civil and kind around you, others will give you a direct cut with a clear sign " I don't like you, get out of my way."
Life sure sucks when you're a student with cranky professors, crappy schedules, a lot deadlines and you worry about passing the subject.
But is one big shit when you are already working. Its a lot harder, and you don't know what to expect.
Given a chance I would love to go back to school. It was a haven for me back then even though I was also stressed a lot.
Crap. I sure miss my student days. I am weird I know. I guess I am having a crappy time right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment